Monday, March 17, 2014

PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE



This time I will share a little bit to an easy way to study past continuous tense.
past continuous tense is generally used to express something happened in the past.
we can use these adverbs of time:

  • yesterday
  • last night
  • last week
  • last year
  • two days ago
  • two weeks ago
  • once upon a time
  • in ancient time
  • etc.

This is the pattern how we use simple past tense sentences.
Nominal Sentences
(+) Subject + (was/were) + Object/complement.
(-) Subject + (was/were) + not + Object/complement.
(?) (Was/Were) + Subject + Object/complement?

I was happy.
I was not sad.
Were you happy?

Armand was a students.
Armand was not a pilot.
Was Armand a student?

They were very smart.
They were not lazy.
Were they smart?

Verbal Sentences
(+) Subject + V2 + Object/complement.
(-) Subject + did + not + V1 + Object/complement.
(?) Did + Subject + V1 + Object/complement?

My father and I planted a mango tree last year.
My father and I did not plant a guava tree last year.
Did you and your father plant a mango tree last year?


Thanks for your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment